Developing Russian Arctic together with SUPERTEL
SUPERTEL, which has been on the market for over 25 years, will present the full range of domestic telecom equipment for various types of transport and broadband access networks with a unified network management system of its own design at Stand 22C40 at Svyaz 2020.
SUPERTEL has developed a unique project, Northern Lights, which comprises a set of equipment for underwater fiber-optic communication lines with a data transfer rate of up to 100 Gbit/s per spectral channel.
The line will be laid along the Northern Sea Route between Murmansk and Vladivostok via Dikson, Pevek, and Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, and could be connected to Finland and China. It will close the circle with terrestrial communications and increase the reliability of data transfer in Russia, The network comprises telecom equipment to be installed at terminals and intermediate costal stations, namely:
- channel-forming equipment OPTIPAK-2 based on the technologies of spectral multiplexing of DWDM channels and optical transport communication networks OTN
- a OSM-KM synchronous digital hierarchy multiplexer with a linear transmission rate of up to 10 Gbit/s
- a plesiochronous digital hierarchy multiplexer MP level E1 designed for use as equipment for subscriber access.
Underwater optical amplifiers will be placed between coastal stations to amplify multi-channel DWDM optical signals in the wavelength range of 1530–1565 nm. Remote power supply equipment will be installed on both ends of the line for powering underwater optical amplifiers on distances of up to 2,500 kilometers.
For now, communication systems not just fail to support navigation around the Arctic but also do not enable the population, federal and regional executive authorities, law enforcement agencies, transport companies (including shipping companies and airlines), and fuel-and-energy companies to use modern information and telecom services to the fullest extent. Therefore, it is necessary to build a national quality telecom network using underwater fiber-optical lines via the Arctic region.
The domestic solution will promote:
– the development of modern infrastructure in areas of extraction of mineral resources
– the provision of broadband Internet access to the population
– Europe-Asia transit
Founded in 1993, SUPERTEL is a Russian developer and manufacturer of a telecom system with a unified network management and monitoring system of its own design for transport and access networks TDM/PSN of various hierarchic levels and technologies xDSL/PDH/NG SDH/WDM/IP/Ethernet.