Feedback from participants in Russian Week of High Technologies 2022
Maxim Parshin, Deputy Minister of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation:
- I am very glad to have the opportunity to speak at such an important event as Russian Week of High Technologies, its plenary session today, dedicated to the development of domestic IT. It is indeed a very large-scale event with interested participants. And it is very important. We discussed measures to support the IT industry which have already been launched and are being implemented. These are additional tax benefits for IT companies, grant support, concessional lending, exemption from military service for employees of IT companies and many other issues which are very important to the IT community. For our part, we will facilitate such development.
Vladimir Kononov, Deputy Chairman of the Russian State Duma Committee on Science and Higher Education, Chairman of the NTI Expo Organising Committee:
- Another Russian Week of High Technologies has opened. This is a major congress and exhibition event, now in its fifth year. RWHT is part of the NTI Expo project (Research-Technology-Innovations-Expo).
There was a very interesting plenary session devoted to the telecom industry, its structures as the basis of information and technological sovereignty of Russia. And today is the second day, and our traditional Russian Software Forum: Effective Solutions is held. The topic is IT in the new realities. This is the time when new windows of opportunity are opening up. And Russian Week of High Technologies is one of those windows. It brings together those who manufacture products in this industry and those who consume them. Not only specialists, businessmen, industrialists, but also representatives of the legislative and executive authorities gather on the same platform to adjust laws and adopt new ones in order to support the high-tech industry.
Vadim Pavlov, Director General of Technology Development Agency of the Ulyanovsk region:
- The Ulyanovsk region traditionally participates in Russian Week of High Technologies every year. The Sviaz 2022 exhibition and the RWHT events in general are of great interest to the region's companies. Today, the exhibition features a large number of solutions, ranging from digital city systems, urban management platforms, and ending with educational projects using augmented or virtual reality technologies.
This year's exhibition is much more extensive: there are more exhibitors and companies. Interest in the IT industry and the importance of digital technologies is growing year by year. The exhibition and the attention to Russian Week of High Technologies in general speak to this.
Konstantin Lukin, Director General of Supertel:
- Sviaz 2022 is a landmark exhibition for us. This year, unlike previous seasons, there is a certain enthusiasm. Finally, today we see only Russian manufacturers at the exhibition - those who actually create the basic foundation for digital sovereignty, which is so necessary for our country. What I see at the exhibition now inspires me. The number of people who come to the exhibition, the professional dialogues being held are most constructive for us. This is a time of opportunity. The connections that would have been impossible in another era now exist, define and give a perspective for the future.
Renat Lashin, Executive Director of the Russian Software Products Association “Russian Software”:
Andrey Varetskiy, CEO of Dipaul Company:
- Our association takes an active part in the Russian Software Forum: Effective Solutions every year, organising a whole subsection of its programme. Russian Week of High Technologies and Russian Software Forum certainly provide an opportunity for both developers and customers to exchange experience, look at implementation successes, and see live how Russian software and domestic equipment work.
Mikhail Shevchuk, Deputy Director General for Quality at ISKRAURALTEL:
- This year at the Sviaz exhibition, ISKRAURALTEL, as a Russian manufacturer of telecommunication equipment, has brought its traditional range of novelties, which are designed for different areas of the industry. There is a set of boards produced at our plant in Yekaterinburg, from which the equipment is then assembled. We try to come here every year to meet our customers and partners and to establish new connections.
Mikhail Belous, Head of Technical Marketing Department at Russian Broadcasting and Warning Networks:
- At Sviaz 2022, the Russian Broadcasting and Warning Networks enterprise is presenting its flagship product - a platform of integrated security management systems. For the first time, we are presenting here a system for monitoring the infrastructure of communications facilities, which allows us to remotely control not only the communications facility itself, but also everything that happens around it.
Sviaz is undoubtedly an industry event for us. There are so many of our target potential customers here. Today has shown that interest in security and remote monitoring issues is relevant. There are many representatives from the communications industry itself, but also from many areas and sectors where communications is the nerve of management. This applies to many regions of our country and neighbouring countries.
Evgeny Mikheev, Project Head at 3Logic Group:
- Our robot was demonstrated at Sviaz 2022. We are developing software for it. This robot can navigate autonomously around objects, collect various data, including environmental pollution. It is also a development platform. It is used in universities. They are writing a training programme for it. There are a lot of applications. There is a lot of interest, especially in import substitution. People are interested, getting to know each other, exchanging business cards. Contracts are concluded at this exhibition, which will improve the lives of enterprises.
Vladimir Treschikov, Director General of T8:
- We have doubled the speed of large communication systems: 40 terabits per second can be transmitted over a single fibre. At the exhibition, there is an opportunity to see equipment that is truly unique and has no analogues in the world.